Have you ever thought about whitening your teeth? You’re not alone. Teeth whitening is the No. 1 requested cosmetic service today and its popularity continues to soar, according to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Many people often ask the difference between over the counter whitening kits and a professional whitening done at the dentist’s office. While it is possible to brighten your smile with both, there are some big advantages to seeing a professional. The below article gives you the top 5 reasons you should whiten your smile at the dentist office.
- Consistent results: Whitening your smile requires a careful application of bleaching gel to your teeth. With a do-it-yourself home kit you run the risk of an uneven application causing blotchy results. With a professional teeth whitening, you get an even application, giving you bright results for your whole smile.
- An incorrect application can damage tooth enamel: Glycerin in whitening gel can damage your tooth enamel if not applied correctly. A damaged tooth enamel affect the appearance of your smile.
- Professional whitening gets better results faster: With a whitening at the dentist office, you get results quickly in one day. Do-it-yourself kits have a lower concentration of bleaching agents which take multiple applications to whiten your smile.
- Safer for sensitive teeth: Whitening at the dentist office is safe for sensitive teeth. Improper use of at-home kits can increase teeth sensitivity.
- Results are longer lasting: Having your teeth whitened at the dentist office ensures that your smile stays brighter longer.
Whitening is a great way to dramatically improve the look of your smile and it is relatively inexpensive compared to other cosmetic procedures. Talk to your dentist about whitening options and costs. There are several over-the-counter remedies that work, but none is better than the whitening achieved in the dentist’s office.
The Terry Gomez Dental Office offers professional teeth whitening to help you achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of. What to find out if teeth whitening is right for you? Give us a call at 505-296-5200 to setup a consultation. Terry Gomez DDS is conveniently located in Albuquerque, NM.